So why is "Heard 'Em Say" so important?
- It provides a healthy social outlet for teenagers to express themselves.
- Participation helps to improve written and verbal skills, which can be applied to the scholastic setting.
- Students will be able to network with students from other schools.
- By speaking from their own thoughts and experiences, attendees will learn, share, and appreciate individual and collective differences and similarities.
- It exposes young people to the art and culture of poetry and spoken word at a level they can relate to.
- It will help to present an honest depiction of the many ethnic, social, and economical features that encompass our world.
- It helps to dispel the notion that you cannot have fun and learn at the same time!